I am thankful for so many things…
- A warm house
- Running 12 miles in the snow yesterday with a friend
- Going to church today after missing 2 weeks because of weather cancellations
- Walking and talking with a friend today
- Playing yahtzee with my daughter this week
- Having a husband that has scooped our driveway and sidewalks without complaint all winter. (And there has a been a LOT of snow!)
- Getting an email from someone from another country that liked my story in Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Having friends ask if they could wear "I am Not a Pirate" shirts to a reading conference this weekend to promote my book!
- Getting to go to New York at the end of the month to see a college friend and go to the SCBWI writing conference
- Having a family and friends that continue to encourage me as I chase my dreams
- Celebrating Dairy Queen Appreciation Day to the fullest, with blizzards and an ice-cream cake to go! (Thankfully the ice-cream addiction is accompanied by a running addiction.)
In all seriousness though, I do have a lot to be thankful for and count my blessings every day.