- There is just basic equipment required for each - good pair of shoes/pen and paper or laptop
- Both have portability potential - easy to pack the basic equipment to do about anywhere
- Having a partner or several friends to do each is helpful.
- You can pay for professional training plans/professional critiques to get expert advice or learn from friends or experience.
- Training to run a marathon is much like writing a book. Both require many sessions leading up to the completion. Some days you have a really bad run and you think you are going to be too wimpy to finish on race day. Some days you feel like your writing stinks like rotten potatoes. Both require endurance and taking the good days with the bad days. There are no short-cuts with either. They both take time, sweat, determination, and heart.
- Lastly, when accomplishing something in either - finishing a race or finishing a book, you deserve a massage and a heath blizzard.
On my morning run this morning, I was thinking about what I would write for my blog. I know it is only January, but so far I have stuck with my goal to blog each weekend! ;)
So, I started thinking about how similar two of my favorite things are…running and writing.
So really, running and writing are almost exactly the same thing I guess. :)