There are plenty of times I don't feel up to a morning run, but have never completed a run and thought, "Man, I wish I hadn't strengthened my body, reduced my mental stress, and released feel-good endorphins!" Or, after doing a kindness for someone, I've never thought, "I wish I hadn't made her smile and feel appreciated."
Your list may look completely different, but when you figure out what you value, you owe it to yourself to make those things priorities. Here are 10 of my No-regret goals:
1. Get 7-8 hours of sleep
- The body and brain need rest to perform.
- It's even better if you go to bed and wake up at about the same time each day.
- Make this a non-negotiable so you don't talk yourself out of it.
2. Work out
- Keeping your body strong prevents injury and sickness.
- You are honoring the body God gave you when you take care of it.
- Exercising boosts your mood and mental health.
3. Eat well
- Reduce sugar and processed foods.
- Try to avoid fad diets and frequent drive-thru dining.
- Just like your vehicle, you need good fuel to run smoothly and stay out of the "repair shop."
4. Make your bed
- Making your bed declutters your living space and only takes one minute.
- Doing this when you wake up builds momentum for the day.
- Staying organized and sticking to a routine can reduce stress.
- Giving thanks and praise helps our attitude for gratitude.
- Praying for guidance and wisdom puts you on the right track to do the right thing.
- Praying for others is a way to spread God's blessings.
6. Connect with others
- Human connection is a basic need.
- Taking time to talk with friends and family is important for maintaining healthy relationships.
- Sharing your life with others gives meaning and purpose to your world.
7. Do something kind for someone every day.
- You can spread joy or make someone's day.
- It is better to give than to receive.
- Kindness is contagious; spread it all around.
8. Take breaks
- You can renew your mental and physical strength with breaks.
- Breaks can be a reward that propels you to keep striving for a goal.
- Breaks can be taking a short walk, enjoying nature, getting some sunshine, or doing nothing at all.
9. Learn something new
- Learning new things can help us perform better, enjoy our passions, and explore new interests.
- It can be easy and free to watch tutorial videos and read "how-to's" online to learn new things.
- We can always continue to "grow" our brains at any age.
10. Do something you love
- Celebrate meeting your goals or having a good day by doing something you love.
- Improve your mood by enjoying a fun activity.
- You deserve to enjoy the many blessings you have.
I'd love to hear some of your "No-regret" daily goals! Please share them in the comments below!